Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Preview of World Card Making Day Open House Samples

The countdown has been ticking and I'm trying my best to prepare as many samples as I can...despite my whole family having been sick this week and more. Okay, so I feel rather behind on things, but I can at least offer enough samples to make it worth your while to come visit me anyway. (And don't worry, we're all getting better thanks to antibiotics, so you won't catch anything!) Here's a preview of some more items you'll see Saturday or Tuesday:



This first card was made using the Patterned Pines stamp set...which you can only get if you host a workshop...and the message came from A Cardinal Christmas. I used Real Red and Kraft colored papers, and Real Red ink. The snowflake background was done with the second stamped image so it would look softer. To add a little interest, I punched out the message using the Scalloped Oval Punch and used the Wide Oval Punch for the background. This is a very fast, easy project!


This card has a Kraft card base and Dusty Durango and Crushed Curry layers. It was stamped using the For All You Do stamp set on a Naturals White paper. I used the "kissing" technique to get polka-dots on the butterfly and the "rock and roll" technique to get Crushed Curry edges on the flowers. Again, I punched out the message using the Scalloped Oval Punch and used the Wide Oval Punch for the background. The ribbon is Dusty Durango.



Made using the For All You Do stamp set and Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, and Crushed Curry solid colored papers. The patterned paper is from the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series paper set. I rounded the corners with a Corner Rounder Punch.



This is a gift "box" for giving a set of 3x3 note cards in. It's made using Dusty Durango, Basic Black and Whisper White papers. The image comes from the For All You Do stamp set. The ribbon handles are Black Gingham. This gift box and a set of cards will be one of the door prizes offered at the Open House.



The final card for tonight's post is made using the Rich Razzleberry and Naturals White papers along with a small strip of patterned paper from the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series paper pack. The stamp set used is Flight of the Butterfly, and the ribbon is Twill Tape stamped with a small flower from the same stamp set. Ink colors used are Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo.

1 comment:

Chanda said...

So pretty! Thank you for sharing! I am one of your followers from Stampin' Connection. (I'm the one that started the Follow Me thread) I have a small favor to ask, please. I had to switch over my website (it used to be BellevueStampingClub) and lost all of my followers from SC. Would you be so kind as to go to my new site listed below and RE-follow me, please? You may have to copy and paste the link. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Chanda Stehlik
http://www.OneCraftyMommy.com